There are lots of reasons you should join the society.
- You will be part of a large, welcoming social network. Societies are the easiest way to make friends at university.
- You will learn to think critically when analysing arguments.
- You will learn the proper structure of arguments, which will improve your essays.
- You will gain the ability to speak persuasively in front of a room full of people.
- Your seminar performance will improve, as you learn to isolate the important parts of what is being said.
- You become the unchallenged juggernaut of the argument in the pub.
- You will get to travel around the country, and maybe the world, every weekend.
- You have nothing better to do on a Tuesday night anyway.